How to Apply SureCrete Deep Patch™ Concrete Hole Patching Leveling Material?
- Clean the surface – Concrete substrate should be completely clear of any grease, oil, old paint, etc.. Otherwise it will not form a good bond.
- While not always necessary, some areas may need profiling if they are exceptional “tightly trowelled.” Easily be done with another of our Surface Preparation products – SCR.
- Dampen the surface of the concrete (no puddles, though!). Then apply a thin coating of SureBond (associated product used as a bonding agent, mixed with water, sold separately) to a small work area so as not to let it dry out.
Mix Deep Patch™ with water thoroughly in a large bucket. While working to ensure it does not set up before it can be applied.
- Apply Deep Level to ONLY the work area where SureBond is present, not dry. Continue following these steps until all sectors have been patched/covered to your satisfaction! Deep Level is typically trowelled into place; however, application methods will vary depending on the project needs.
- Patches in excess of 2” (5 cm) up to 4” (10cm) require the introduction of # 8 pea gravel (3/8 – ½” [9.5 – 12.7 mm]) at the rate of 10 pounds (4.5 kg) pea gravel to 1 – 50 pound (22.7 kg) bag of Deep Patch™.
1. Before applying Deep Patch™, the surface should be saturated surface dry with clean water (SSD or damp, no puddles).
2. Apply SureBond™ according to the TDS Deep Level
1. While SureBond™ is still wet, use Deep Level™.
2. Apply Deep Patch™ by trowel or squeegee, ensure the product is tightly placed into patched area.